Saturday, September 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home

One of my big passions in life is in the creation of a HOME. In the crafting to give my home the right energy and feeling as soon as You enter it.


A place that makes people smile and feel comfort. 
A place for my family, for my friends and for me.
A place for lots of love, laugther and living. 


I really find it peaceful and relaxing in the creation with furniture and decorating my home. Beautiful things is like diamonds and pearls with jewelery for me. You can give a room a feeling with the most simple ideas.

Purity of life- flowers

It is such a joy when I find something special that catch the glimpse of my eye and fill my heart with warmth.  It can be a detail, a color, or an old rustic 18th century furniture I would love to put my hands on and give it new life. Always with tenderness to keep its great old wise character still. 
French, old and vintage shabby chic. Source: unknown

A home shall not be a museum, especially not if  You have kids. 
The feeling of coming home and living in it fully, shall be something both joyful, practial and with ease.

Often I just stumble upon new inspiration or find treasures I fall in love with for my home. I think open minded about architecture, art and design and I blend what I love from different centuries that I am particularly fond of. 



Pieces that fascinate me is really vintage old things,  like from 17th and 18th century.  Very white and light. I love colors and I prefer to blend it with my style, using textil and decors in the details. In that way I can change whenever I like and still keep my home

I love the french and danish style especially. A bit countryhouse with very modern touch.  I am much into vintage white and in my kitchen blended with very ligth pastell-colors,. I still want to keep it contemporary and clean.


My dream walking-closet. Source: unknown

I want a really big kitchen with lots of space for cooking, kids to join and family to gather with friends. In the kitchen I have a lot of glas-jars and I like cans with old vintage etiquettes and motives. Letters is beautiful and You know my love for words already. ;)


The love about typography came from growing up as my beloved fathers biggest fan.
My father was the one and only owner of his business in the advertising genre. It was my grandfathers company from the beginning and when he passed away my father took it over. He was making a very known prominent tourist guide for the capital of Sweden- Stockholm.
A guide following the culture etablissement and happenings in the city over all. Very useful both for tourists and Stockholm-inhabitants.

One of my favourite memories from childhood is all those times I spent with my father at his office. After school, in weekends and holidays. I loved be his little assistant and help him.  In that time of the 70´s he used the old writing machine and no computer or programs to make his work easy.


Oldfashioned writerdream. Source: unknown

I remember the smells from paper, from the ink, from the coffee put on in the morning put on the brewer all day. My dad did sometimes not have juice for me. He was creative even then. He gave me a glas of water and put a bit of suger in it, saying it was the swedish populair "Sockerdricka", that Pippi Longstocking found in the tree. 

The feelings only writing about these memories is a big part of me. My beloved father tragically passed away last year, too young. I so wished I could relive these memories with him. I wish he know from heaven how much it has affected me and formed my personality.
 
My father was an amazing man and I enherited his creativity. That is a blessing. <3 

When my father worked it was pure creativity and measurement from eye and follow intuition and subtile feelings. It was to astablish a magazine from mind and hands, with no lazy ways or programed manufactory.


Not strange I like scrapbooking now adays. It was exactly like that on my fathers work. From scratchtable to production. Every single step. 

Only using old letterstamps, choosing the right colors and shades of the ink and to pic the right style in the typography. I loved the feeling and look of those letterstamps. To let my little finger follow the lines on it.

And I was so fascinating when my father made his own frames, using the scissors and cutting machines by hand. All of the things took a lot of time and patience. My father tought me patience in that way. 

And to follow it through, getting so excited when we went to the printing house and I got to see my beloved fathers work, take life and be a magazine...



Daddy- I will always always be your biggest fan.... <3
My mission in life is to keep my legacy, my enherited legacy from You to Me. 
To make my dreams come true......

         Daddys girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MIN FJÄRIL,
Du är fantastisk!!!
Jag älskar dig av hela mitt hjärta och själ.
Puss och kram :)))

DIN FJÄRIL :)))

Helena said...

* LER * Tack min älskade fjärils syster!
Du är fantastisk du också! :))))

Pussar och kramar

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of this

http://leloveimage.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment