Monday, August 23, 2010

IKEA and my "Box of Ideas & Inspiration"

It´s here!! A sure sign that the new season of the year is here is when the new catalogues for fashion and homeinterior arrives in the mail. Today IKEA catalogue for 2011 came to my mail and for everybody with interest in homeinterior that is just a catching moment.

  "Det är insidan som räknas" - "It´s inside that counts" 

I take a cup of tea, get cosy in my sofa and just let my fantasie and creative mind get wild into the inspiration from all new furnitures and fun things in it. IKEA gives a great base in a home! For both classy, clean and stylish look and the lively colorful kitchy stuff.

This year is the IKEA catalogue celebrating its 60ths anniversery by the way and I love the slogans on the frontpage and inside this years catalogue. They are into much "wellness-thinking" and I love it!

"Ett gott samvete är bästa huvudkudden" - "A good conscience is the best pillow"

My home is far from only IKEA furnished. I am mixing the old with the new and I prefer my home have a feeling of warmth welcoming and a bit shabby chic. But since I moved to my own place when I was 17 years old I have always have an idea behind all my shopping and I am very selective with what I buy for my home. Colors and textile got to match and I do not only decorate for one room, but for a consistent HOME. That is why I have very light colored walls so I can change my interior with what colors as base that I feel for at the moment.

I love go to auktions and second hands, to buy old furniture and restore, paint or decorate with wallpaper.

I have a lots of ideas in my mind of my Dreamhouse so since many years I have a "Box of Ideas & Inspiration". In that box I put things from magazines that I´ve cut out, scetches I made, color scheme or cool/beautiful furniture I want - just all types of things catch my mind.  Even for my dream gardening- I love plants, flowers and trees along with water and stones or such.  I just can not wait to that day I have possibility to arrange the magic of landscaping!  Here are a few details frome my home:  
                                            



I maybe put up some more pictures from my home, but I will for sure keep on writing about homeinterior and designs because that is a very big interest of mine. I want my home to be a recreative, peaceful joyful place with plenty of room for friends, kids to play and lots of fun times. A home that makes YOU feel at home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment